E2-Why Learning Is the Engine of Employee Experience: Walmart’s Brandon Carson
by Dani Johnson and Stacia Garr | January 11th, 2023
ListenListen to "Why Learning Is the Engine of Employee Experience: Walmart's Brandon Carson" on Spreaker.
- We talk to Brandon Carson, the Vice President of Learning and Leadership at Walmart.
- Already a big job pre-pandemic, that mission needs to be delivered in the context of a massive re-questioning of what work even looks like. What does that mean for him and his organization?
- Brandon's key insight: the experience your people have with the systems and process you put into place is their Employee Experience–so those must be "aligned and tight" to ensure that that experience is always a good one
- Just as critical: don't neglect the physical worker in any re-set of work you're attempting by only ever thinking about their cognitive teammates.
- We end with excellent fresh thinking on how to prep for the future of work when 60% of Americans don't have a college degree and how L&D is now a higher-order job about culture, purpose, and community–not just tactical skills.
- Brandon Carson's LinkedIn
- Brandon's organization: L&D Cares
- Brandon's book: L&D's Playbook for the Digital Age
Want full access to the episode's transcript? Try our RTR membership with a 7-day trial. Listen to our top episodes, explore cutting-edge research, attend exclusive member-only events, and share with a top-notch cohort community of industry leaders and peers. Take it for a spin!
Thank you to our season sponsor, Workday
Want to be part of our podcast community?
Sign up and be part of an exclusive community where you’ll get new season updates, top episode suggestions, and much, much more.